Web Designer (Contract)
The Web Designer provides design and front end development support for web based systems under the guidance of a Supervisor or Project Manager.
Please note this is a 12- month contract position
- Provide in-house expertise on: user interface design, web process analysis, and make contributions to project implementation. The web designer has the complete responsibility for the quality and accuracy of all work.
- Project implementation will include the execution of the project specification, unit and system testing, user training, and system and user documentation.
- Create new or modify existing systems, programs, and user interfaces. Tasks include, but are not limited to: Design, front end development, testing, implementation, and user documentation.
- Perform analysis and design functions on projects and modifications to existing systems.
- Perform problem determination and problem resolution on reported systems problems.
- Responsible for timely completion of other tasks as assigned.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience / Education Required
- University degree or work-related college diploma.
- 3 years programming experience with Graphic Design and User Interface design
- Experience in Auto industry an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Must be able to work as self-directed Subject Matter Expert
- Expert level knowledge of web design, user experience, and ability to recognize and adapt to industry trends
- Responsible for the development of web applications and components
- Responsible for the design and development of web pages, graphics, multimedia, GUIs
- Effectively develops in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format
- Experience with layout and UI design - this could come from print, magazine, editorial and web (being able to visualize how layouts can change across mobile, desktop resolutions and tablet)
- Utilizes storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments
- Expert level of knowledge in design, front-end development, Adobe Photoshop, CSS, HTML, JQuery, Mobile first responsive design, preprocessing, website optimization
***For consideration, all applications must be received no later than 01/17/2020***
Please email or fax your resume and cover letter to:
Kia Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer who provides an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. As such, we will accommodate disabilities during the selection process and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls please.<< Back