MADE FOR Technology Reimagined
With a striking redesign and a breadth of technological features, the next-generation Rio stands out from any crowd.
International model shown
An all-new attitude Rio is here.
The European styling of the new Rio includes a more athletic stance, enhanced comfort, and dynamic performance that’s all wrapped up in a bold new style, including a redesigned tiger nose grille.
Looks good coming or going.
The sporty and arrow-shaped rear taillights complement the more upright rear c-pillar, while the improved stance gives the car a more confident and balanced appearance over its predecessor.
Better stance for an improved drive.
With a wider stance, longer wheelbase, and available 17-inch alloy wheels, the redesigned Rio offers improved comfort, stability, and ride-handling performance.
See the difference.
The all-new headlight assembly includes an available U-shaped LED lighting structure that accentuates the available bi-functioning projection headlights, while newly shaped, available LED taillights accentuate the rear.
International model shown
Improved sense of space.
Long lines sculpt the dash to accentuate the spacious interior, while the modern layout uses thoughtfully placed controls, and intuitive trim, complimenting nearly 500 litres of cargo space found in the rear.
The standard 5-inch ‘floating’ infotainment interface includes a touchscreen, music integration, available Bluetooth®2 and displays the standard rearview camera. An available 7-inch screen adds UVO Smart ITself4,7, smartphone integration4, and an optional navigation3.
Be prepared for every season.
The available automatic climate control, plus standard heated front seats and heated steering wheel means you’ll stay comfortable no matter the weather.
Take control of every ride.
The 2018 Rio comes with your choice of transmissions, including a standard 6-speed manual if you like to roll gears, and an available 6-speed Sportmatic automatic that makes use of the available paddle shifters.
Peace of mind in every drive.
Kia’s new connected app puts total control in the palm of your hands. The available app that’s launching with Rio allows you to remotely start your vehicle, lock/unlock the doors, set the climate control, and so much more4,7.
International model shown
Available UVO Smart ITself connects you and your Rio. With everything from convenient remote door locks to the peace of mind of vehicle diagnostics, control is at your fingertips. It’s even free for five years!
Find My Car
In case you forget where you parked your car, you can use Find My Car to identify your vehicle’s location.
Remote start/stop, remote door lock/unlock, and remote horn/light features can be controlled remotely from your smart device.
Automatic Collision Notification
The system sends a signal identifying your location to emergency service providers. An SOS and Roadside Assistance notifications are also included.
Monitor your vehicle’s state of health from your smart device using the auto notification, on-demand diagnostics, maintenance alert and monthly vehicle report functions.
The spacious Rio will feel even bigger thanks to the available power sunroof. It’s the pleasure of an open-air drive, in a sporty, sub-compact car.
With available 17-inch alloys, steering wheel paddle shifters, larger brakes, sport-tuned suspension, twin exhaust tips and alloy sport pedals, the Rio has a new sporty attitude.
Autonomous Emergency Braking
The Rio’s available autonomous emergency braking system1 intervenes automatically, providing full braking assistance, up to a complete stop when possible, if it detects a potential collision with a vehicle in front of you.
Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto®
The available hands-free systems allow you to play your music, navigate traffic, check your messages and access other favourite apps all with the sound of your voice.4,5,6
The standard rearview camera provides extra visibility for those hard-to-see areas, so you’ll never back into anything ever again1.
Enjoy the convenience of a push-button start ignition thanks to the available Smart Key, it makes getting on your way that much easier.
For illustration only.
Sign up for Rio updates
- 1 - Please note that your vehicle may not be equipped with all features described. This also applies to safety-related systems and functions. None of the features we describe are intended to replace the driver’s responsibility to exercise due care while driving and are not a substitute for safe driving practices. Some features may have technological limitations. For additional information regarding the various features, including their limitations and restrictions, please refer to your vehicle’s Owner’s Manual.
- 2 - The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. A compatible Bluetooth wireless technology-enabled cell phone is required to use Bluetooth hands-free wireless technology
- 3 - When equipped with the navigation system, French voice commands may be limited.
- 4 - Compatible smartphone required. Data rates may apply, please check with your wireless service provider.
- 5 - Apple, the Apple logo, CarPlay, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- 6 - Google, Google Play, Google Maps, and Android Auto are trademarks of Google Inc. Google Maps ©2016 Google.
- 7 - Kia UVO Smart ITself only available on select 2018 Kia Rio trims. Customers will be able to access the UVO Smart ITself system and features only if they enroll and accept the user terms and privacy statement. Certain UVO Smart ITself features may be available only on the smartphone app and/or in-vehicle and/or the customer web portal. UVO Smart ITself app and in-vehicle images may differ from those shown here and are subject to change. Vehicle Management is designed to indicate the status of certain vehicle systems and to predict certain maintenance or other issues based on information collected from the vehicle. Not all issues deliver alerts.